They are back …… Tuesday night pack runs !🇦🇹!
Please read the guidelines below for commencing Tuesday night Pack Runs from Tuesday 30 March 2021.
Start time 18.30 – 18.45 as normal on a Tuesday at MCC.
- There are no designated leaders for any of the runs/groups but members should have route ideas in mind and agree where to go with their group (please avoid places like rights of way through farmyards).
- We are aiming for 2 paced groups depending on who turns up Steady and Fast – see above photo for where to meet
- Group size maximum of 6 e.g. If 7 turn up for a group it will split into a 4 and a 3. Both groups may do the same route but start 5 minutes apart
- All to adhere to latest social distancing rules while out on a run and when you’ve completed your run back at MCC
- One person from each group to email email@example.com at the end of each run with who was in their group for Track & Trace purposes – please decide who this at the start of each run
It’s really important that we take safety into consideration. We do not want to be a burden to CVS&R or other emergency services or fellow runners.
Therefore we are asking all members who are running to carry appropriate kit to be self-sufficient in case of an accident/injury while out.
This should include as a minimum:
- a buff which can be used as a face mask
- simple first aid kit
- long sleeved jacket/top
- if you want to carry full FRA kit and extras then even better
Please do not expect others to have kit for you to use.
MCC currently has no changing facilities open and no where to leave any bags. The disabled toilet in the foyer may be used in emergencies.
Please do not congregate at the MCC entrance or near the fish and chip waggon at the start/or end of running & see photo above of where to meet your group.
- If you feel unwell, or anyone in your family feels unwell please do not come on a Tuesday night
- If after running you or a member of your household is displaying any COVID-19 symptoms please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that members of your running group can be contacted
- No training/coaching sessions or leader led runs (e.g. Back to the fells) will be held for the foreseeable future. However we are hoping that racing will resume with Widdop fell race in July but yet to be confirmed.
- Due to COVID restrictions on group numbers Tuesday social runs are for club members but If you have a friend who would like to come along for a trial run or you a potential new member please contact Bob Howard email@example.com before coming down or bringing your friend down.
We have revised our Risk Assessment to now include COVID-19 and this can be found of the CVFR Website (https://www.cvfr.co.uk/members-4/risk-assessment-2020/).
We will continue to monitor the situation in line with the latest Government guidance and welcome feedback from members who do come on a Tuesday on how well this is operating.
Calder Valley Fell Runners Committee
2 December 2020